ADMIRAL APPLIANCE CODES
|F1 touch pad / ERC test|
|This simple test will help determine whether the ERC (Electronic
Range Control or Clock) or the touch pad is defective when F1 error
code is present.
Note: Some models incorporate the touch pad in to the ERC as a single assembly, in which case this test is not necessary. Simply replace the ERC (Clock).
Warning: If you feel in any way uncomfortable performing this test or making this repair, please contact a qualified appliance repair technician.
1. Disconnect power to the range (unplug the range power cord or turn the power off to the range at the circuit breaker). It is very important that the power to the range has been disconnected, so please double check before continuing.
2. Gain access inside the control panel.
3. Disconnect the touch pad (also called keypad or membrane switch) ribbon from the ERC.
4. Make sure there are no lose wires, or anything else that may cause a short when power is turned back on. Assemble the control panel back the way it was.
5. Turn the power back on.
6. Wait for at least one hour to see if the F1 code comes back (usually accompanied by a beeping sound).
7. If F1 comes back, replace the ERC. If it does not, replace the touch pad.
|Admiral Range / Stove / Oven Fault Codes|
|Failure Code||Fault Code Description||Solution|
|F0||Function key stuck||Replace touch pad or if touch pad is part of the clock, replace the clock (ERC).|
|F1||Defective touch pad or clock (ERC)||Replace touch pad or clock (ERC). Touch pad is a more common problem. Refer to F1 test at the top of this page for more information.|
|F2||Oven temperature too hot||Replace relay board, if present, or oven temperature sensor (RTD). Check sensor harness.|
|Shorted or open oven temperature sensor (RTD)||Check sensor harness and harness connection between oven sensor and oven control. Replace oven temperature sensor (RTD) if wiring is ok.|
|F5||Watchdog and hardware conflict||Replace clock (ERC).|
|F7||Function key shorted or stuck||Replace touch pad or if touch pad is part of the clock, replace the clock (ERC).|
|F8||Analog / Digital problem||Replace clock (ERC).|
|F9||Door latch||Check door latch components.|